Friday, June 5, 2009

Emotional overload at Banff Film Festival

Last night I attended the brisbane showing of the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour. See:http://www.paddypallin.com.au/default.aspx?page=122&product=697 for more information. It is an event we have attended every year for the last five years. There were lots of my climbing and sea-kayaking mates there and it was great to catch up with some people that I have not seen for a while. The strangest thing happened in the opening few minutes of the show. They started off with lots of amazing footage from the films we were about to see. I could feel myself getting very emotional,but instead of experiencing a feeling of elation, (as you would normally expect), my bottom lip started to tremble and I started to weep like a baby! It was really weird! I just could not control it!!!!- today I discussed this with one of the clinical nurses at BrizBrain and Spine, and she pointed out that the Right frontal lobe, where the surgery took place, is an area responsible for some very primal emotional processing, so it may take some time for things to return to normal and it was probably a case of too much, too soon for me last night.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic to see you up and around Laurie and back into enjoying life! Congratulations on the great outcome and a big thank you to the doctors and nurses who have looked after you so well. Keep getting better and I'll catch up with you soon.

    God bless, Mark

    btw I have a question about the project database. I need... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the well wishes.Things are taking a little while to come back together, so even though I can'twait to get back to tht projects database,my judgement would be a bit unreliable right now
    Cheers
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie
    You are amaaazing - great to see you at BFF and follow your progress virtually.
    Take care
    Tess

    ReplyDelete